Conditions Treated With Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy
Learn More About Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy in the Greater Oklahoma City Area
Hormones play many vital roles in your body. Estrogen, for example, is largely responsible for the normal operation of the female reproductive system. But around midlife, our hormone production can change in unexpected ways. Some hormones decrease in production, while the body makes excess of others.
Hormone imbalance is widely regarded as a cause for everything from minor recurring symptoms to chronic health conditions. Whatever condition or symptoms you are suffering from, it’s important to recognize that hormone imbalance may be the cause.
Our Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy (BHRT) doctors in Oklahoma City can help you determine whether hormone imbalance is the root of your troubles. Read on to learn more about how BHRT may be able to help you.
BHRT as a Treatment Option
Hormone imbalance is often linked to diabetes and autoimmune disorders like arthritis. In both of those conditions, BHRT may help make symptoms more manageable by correcting the imbalance. While you shouldn’t expect BHRT to eliminate these conditions completely, it may help you return to living comfortably despite them.
Below are a few other conditions that are known to benefit from Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy, and your Oklahoma City BHRT specialist can provide more information.
Conditions Treated With BHRT:
- Adrenal Fatigue
- Your adrenal glands secrete cortisol, a hormone that helps you manage stress and maintain an adequate supply of energy. When you’re under a significant amount of stress, or your cortisol production is imbalanced, you can develop a condition called adrenal fatigue. With adrenal fatigue, your adrenal glands are incapable of keeping up with the demands placed on them. Balancing your cortisol, can improve constant fatigue.
- Andropause is marked by the declining production of testosterone in men. This usually occurs between the ages of 45 and 55. BHRT is a natural therapy to restore youthful levels of testosterone and relieve the symptoms of andropause.
- Fibromyalgia is chronic, widespread pain and tenderness to touch that may be localized or prevalent all over the body. Checking your sex hormones and cortisol production will help determine if a deficiency may be a contributing factor and whether BHRT can help.
- Insulin Resistance
- Insulin resistance occurs when your body either does not produce enough insulin or is not using insulin effectively. This causes glucose levels in your blood to elevate, leading to diabetic symptoms and complications. Bioidentical hormone replacement therapy may help treat the underlying cause of some forms of insulin resistance.
- Menopause is a gradual process that happens when a woman’s ovaries produce less estrogen and progesterone. Bio identical hormone replacement therapy uses natural hormones to provide relief from symptoms and to correct hormonal imbalances and deficiencies.
- Reproductive System Disorders
- Hormone deficiencies or excesses are a leading cause of infertility and sexual dysfunction in both men and women. Low sperm count in men can be caused by low testosterone. Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) is a serious reproductive issue for women, caused by hormone imbalance. With PCOS, the body produces too many androgens, which prevents the healthy development of eggs and their release into the fallopian tubes. Hormones balance is an essential part of infertility treatment as well as treating problems related to irregular or heavy periods for women.
- Osteoporosis occurs when bone density decreases, often due to estrogen deficiency. Osteoporosis often occur in women after menopause. Bio identical hormone replacement therapy can help restore the proper amounts of estrogen needed to protect you from osteoporosis.
- Parkinson's Disease
- Parkinson’s Disease is a neurodegenerative brain disorder affecting the nerve cells in the brain. Research has shown bioidentical hormone therapy, especially two forms of bioidentical estrogen, estradiol and estriol, may slow the progression and symptoms of Parkinson’s Disease.
- Perimenopause occurs in the years before menopause when the ovaries produce less estrogen. Symptoms can include menstrual irregularities, hot flashes, low libido, vaginal dryness and insomnia. Bio-Identical Hormone Replacement Therapy can help ease the side effects of this natural transition.
- Thyroid Disorders
- Thyroid Issues such as hyperthyroidism and hypothyroidism can affect your overall health and wellness. Every cell in your body depends on thyroid hormones. When your thyroid is not performing well, it can wreak havoc on your body. Bio identical hormone replacement therapy can help restore proper thyroid hormone balance.
Hyperthyroidism tends to present the opposite symptoms and happens when there is an abundance of thyroid hormone present in the body. To feel better, you need an accurate measure of your current thyroid functioning as well as balanced hormone levels.
- Weight Loss Resistance
- Weight Loss Resistance can occur when factors such as chronic stress, age or genetic variables disrupt the hormonal balance of the body. Imbalances of estrogen and progesterone are typical causes of weight loss resistance. Restoring optimal hormone levels with bio identical hormone replacement therapy can help you get to a healthy weight.
Oklahoma City Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy
Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy may be able to provide the symptom relief you are looking for. If nothing you’ve tried so far seems to be providing the degree of wellness you are hoping to attain, BHRT may be able to help. BHRT balances your hormones through natural ingredients taken from yam and soybean plants.
Patients treated by our Oklahoma City BHRT physicians often report achieving a greater level of wellness and receiving better care than from their primary physicians. And because each patient’s BHRT compound is customized, the ingredients and dosage amounts are based on your own specific hormone imbalance and symptoms.
Start Feeling Better Today
Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy can be a powerful treatment option for many chronic conditions, and it may be able to help you. Contact our Oklahoma City BHRT specialists to discuss whether your symptoms or condition may be treated with BHRT. Speak with a BHRT provider in Oklahoma City today.
Congratulations on Taking Charge of Your Health!
Locate Oklahoma City Bioidentical Hormone Doctors Near You